Event Registration | Member Sign-In
Engineers' Club of Philadelphia
 

Richard A. Mulford, PE

Director Emeritus
Retired, Philadelphia Electric Company

Dick Mulford received his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering in June, 1952. Following graduation he commenced a nearly 39 year career with the Philadelphia Electric Company. Beginning as a Junior Engineer, he advanced through various positions to become Project Manager for two massive power projects - the Keystone Project, an 1800 Megawatt coal fired power plant combined with an over 600 mile long 500,000 volt transmission line system; and Limerick Generating Station, a 2500 Megawatt nuclear power plant located near Pottstown, PA.

While with PECO, Dick received a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Pennsylvania and became a Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania. He also joined a number of professional and technical organizations including the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, the International Society of Automation, the American Nuclear Society, the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers, the Delaware Valley Science Council, and the Engineering Alumni Society of the University of Pennsylvania. He assumed active roles in each of these organizations and today still serves as Treasurer of a number of them. Additionally, he is a member of the Union League of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Orchestra Association, the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge, the Franklin Institute, and the National Constitution Center.

Following retirement from the Philadelphia Electric Company, Dick began an ambitious career of volunteer service, first at the University of Pennsylvania, then Paoli Hospital, and, in June 1991, at the Engineers Club of Philadelphia. At the Club he served concurrently as Executive Director, Secretary, and Treasurer. He held these posts for a period of sixteen years, when in August 2007, he relinquished the posts of Secretary and Executive Director, but still continued as Treasurer. As of June 30, 2011, he retired as Treasurer and was honored with the role of Director Emeritus.