Advance the professional development of the technical and engineering community in the greater Philadelphia area through the various educational services offered by the Club.
- Advance the course offerings through the Club’s Education program to enhance the knowledge of technical and engineering professionals in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Promote seminars throughout the year to engineers and technical professionals in all disciplines to upgrade their skills.
- Monitor mandatory continuing education requirements in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Develop opportunities to tour facilities of technical and engineering interest to enrich the talent of those in attendance.
- Develop and promote joint technical meetings.
- Develop other educational venues offered by the Club to assist technical and engineering professionals to increase their skills and knowledge of best practices.
Specific Current Needs
- Assist in developing meeting opportunities.
- Assist in developing tour opportunities
- Monitor the “Professional Development” section of the website and provide new or updated content as appropriate.
- Assist in developing “lunch (or breakfast) and learn” opportunities
- Be a liaison to a local college, university, community college to assist in coordinating educational opportunities
- Teach a course (for an hour, a day, or more)
- Coordinate with NY State Registration Board to allow the ECP to become an approver of courses.
- Coordinate with IACET to allow the ECP to become an IACET provider.