Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
EAP -Optional Standby Systems - Generators (2 CEUs)
Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 8:00 AM until 10:10 AM
Affiliate Group Training
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Optional Standby Systems - Generators
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.
Instructor: Rich Van Wert
$75.00/student for EAP members, $95.00/student for non-EAP members
*$25.00/student for IEEE certificate
- 2 CEUs for Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Delaware
- 2 PDHs for Pennsylvania Electrical Inspectors
- 2 PDHs for PEs approved by IEEE*
Course Overview: This class will show the attendee how to size the generator correctly and what factors influence the final choice of kW size. Students will also learn to install according to the manufacturer specifications and applicable NEC rules will be explained. Get the answers to the following questions are more during this live webinar!
• Can't I just put in a small generator and let the homeowner do the load shedding by turning off breakers?
• What is load shedding anyway and what are the ways to accomplish this?
• Do I have to install a transfer switch for the building owner?
• What is a suicide cord?
• Is it okay to have two generators at one facility? One for emergency and one for optional circuits?