Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
EAP - Optional Standby Systems – Generators Part I
Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 8:00 AM until 10:10 AM
Affiliate Group Training
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Optional Standby Systems – Generators Part I
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
8:00 am – 10:10 am
This webinar, led by instructor Rich Van Wert, will show the attendee how to size the generator correctly and what factors influence the final choice of kW size. Learn how to install according to the manufacturer and NEC rules. Questions that will be answered include:
- Can't I just put in a small generator and let the homeowner do the load shedding by turning off breakers?
- Do I have to install a transfer switch for the building owner?
- What is load shedding anyway and what are the ways to accomplish this?
- Is backfeeding with a double ended cord legal?
- How do I do a load calculation?
2 Philadelphia, Delaware, New Jersey
2 PA Electrical Inspectors
2 for PEs approved by IEEE*
$75.00/student for EAP members
$95.00/student for non-EAP members
*$25.00/student for IEEE PDH certificate